CHRISTMAS PARADE RULES & REGULATIONS
- We appreciate your complying with these easy guidelines for fire, electrical, & personal safety. The goal is to provide a safe, fun, &memorable evening to celebrate the Christmas season. Parade floats must be lit and fully decorated for Christmas. It will be dark during the parade, so include plenty of Christmas lights. Be sure all wiring is properly secured to prevent mechanical damage or injuries to the riders.
- No real-life Santa Clauses. Santa Claus will arrive on the fire truck at the end of the parade. Only Christmas music from the parade entries during the parade. No items (candy, brochures, etc.) may be thrown from the parade floats, vehicles, or horses. Small items, such as wrapped candy, may be handed out to those walking alongside their parade entry. Safety is a priority.
- No profanity or inappropriate conduct. Children must be accompanied by adult chaperones. No smoking or alcoholic beverages are permitted on parade entries.
- Allow a safe distance between parade entries. Parade participants are responsible for the safety of those riding on their float. Fire extinguishers are required on floats for safety reasons. Parade participants must have their liability vehicle insurance. Parade participants should dress accordingly for the weather. Costumes or outfits matching your float/ theme are encouraged.
- No parade participant will be allowed to have a loaded firearm. (Other than those associated with the Police Department, Sheriff Department, Highway Patrol, or representatives of Altus Ari Force Base Security) The lineup will take place at Western Oklahoma State College. Al floats should be in place by 4:00 P.M. Other entries will be no place by 5:00 P.M. Entrants not in place on time may be disqualified.
- The parade route will include a designated judge viewing area situated at REMAX. All participants are welcome to pause and present their performances in front of the judges, with a time limit not exceeding 2 minutes. Additionally, all float entries are required to furnish written descriptions detailing the composition of their float for submission to the judging panel.
- The parade route will run from Western Oklahoma State College to Commerce Street. Even numbered entries will turn left, and odd-numbered entries will turn right. Each will travel one block in the east or west direction to safely