Presented by the U.S. Air Force Air Education Training Command
in partnership with the Altus Military Affairs Committee
Nomination Packets are Due by November 30, 2016, and should be mailed to:
Military Affairs Committee-Altus Trophy
Attn: Dr. Joe Leverett
Altus Chamber of Commerce
P.O. Box 518
Altus OK 73522
This prestigious honor is awarded annually to recognize the Air Force community which provides the finest support to it’s AETC Unit.
• The award nomination process is managed and facilitated by the Altus Military Affairs Committee.
• Altus Military Affairs Committee sends info to the Wing CC, AETC Civic Group Members and to the local Chamber of Commerce.
• The nomination package is to be prepared and submitted by the local community group that provides support to the AETC unit.
• Nomination packages for the 2016 award must be based on documented activities from December 1, 2015, through November 30, 2016.
NOMINATION PACKAGE FORMAT
- Table of Contents
- Executive summary from your Chamber of Commerce
- Why and how you collaborate with the base
- Summary of activities to be considered- statement from the person submitting
- Letters of endorsement
- Community description
- Population, proximity to a metropolitan area
- Base Description
- AETC Unit Description
- Past Awards
- Military Affairs/Armed Services Relations Committee description
- Membership composition
- History of the program
- Supporting Supplementary Material
- News/Press coverage
- Magazine articles
- Events that support the military and their families stationed at the installation
A PDF version of the packet (also formatted as outlined above, including table of contents) must also be submitted via email, CD/DVD or Flash Media.